Friday, July 26, 2013

MLB Friday Funnies: GIF of the Week

Colby Rasmus blows Janssen's save 

I don't know much about Blue Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus.  I know that he didn't get along well with Tony La Russa when he was in St. Louis and I know that he has brothers that play baseball too.  He seems to play adequate defense and his 20+ home run potential makes up for his barely-above-the-Mendoza-line batting average.  I'm sure he's a nice guy off the field.   

But when the Blue Jays took on the Tigers a couple weeks ago, Rasmus took out Omar Infante with a hard (and probably overtly aggressive) slide that landed the second baseman on the DL.  Being the irrationally hateful person that I am, I decided to dislike Colby Rasmus for the rest of his major league career.  

So you have no idea the glee that I felt watching the Blue Jays take a 1 run lead into the 9th inning on Wednesday against the streaking Dodgers.  Casey Janssen, one of my fantasy closers, comes in to hold the lead.  With Yasiel Puig on first and two outs, Andre Ethier laces a line drive to center.  Then this happened...


That botched ball along with Rasmus' aerial rhythmic gymnast kick allowed Puig to score to tie the game.  The Blue Jays ended up losing in extras.  Despite Janssen's blown save, I still got to witness a player I just recently decide to hate f---- up so royally that it cost his team the game.

Yes I'm evil.   I fill my hollow life with baseball and specifically the schadenfreude that results from guys like Rasmus messing up.   (ALSO ON THE LIST: Nick Swisher, any Chicago White Sox player, Alex Rodriguez,)  Maybe he'll think twice about a take-out slide next time they play Detroit.

This week has been an eventful one, with the second half of the season underway, trades, Biogenesis, and Ryan Braun.  If you would like to catch our recaps about Braun, do it here and especially here.

If you want to get the latest Chicago Cubs trade news, catch it here and here.  Hopefully Tommy can put something up about Alfonso Soriano this weekend (who apparently Cubbies fans will miss more than they thought they would).

It was a sad week in baseball....where are you Kate? 



That's right. Have a great weekend baseball fans!



No comments:

Post a Comment